COST 724 & COST ES0803
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is one of the longest-running European instruments supporting cooperation among scientists and researchers across Europe. This intergovernmental framework allows the coordination of nationally-funded research on a European level. COST initiates two actions to develop an interdisciplinary network between European scientists dealing with space weatheri:
Developing the basis for monitoring, modelling and predicting Space Weatheri
Start of Action: 24/11/2003 End of Action: 23/11/2007
The European Space Weatheri Web Portal results from this COST Action. The Action also initiated the annual European Space Weatheri Week (ESWW), supported 35 short term scientific missions and organised in 2006 a space weatheri school with ICTP (Trieste, Italy) and UNESCO. The Action also published 2 books, 2 special issues of Annales Geophysicae and more than 350 scientific papers in international refereed journals. Two special issues are still in preparation and are planned to be published in December 2008 (Acta Geophysicae) and early 2009 (Space Science Reviews).
Other resources resulting from this action:
- Yellow pages of projects related to the COST Action (Poland) (offline)
The section Yellow pages contains a clickable map of Europe with links to Regional Warning Centres, Solar, Computer programms, Database, Geomagnetic, Educational, World Data Centres, Ionospherei and telecommunication, Observatories, Present data, Forecasts.
- Catalogs of Models and Data Sources (Italy) (outdated)
Developing space weatheri products and services in Europe
Start of Action: 16/11/2008
As a successor of the previous action, this Action will continue the build up of an European interdisciplinary network of geospace scientists, warning system developers and operators with the goal of developing space weatheri products and services in Europe.
- WG 1: Advanced methods to model and predict space weatheri effects
- WG 2: Space weatheri products and services
- SG 2.1: Identification of current space weatheri products
- SG 2.2: Market segmentation including cartography and user requirements
- SG 2.3: Feasibility study for new market-oriented products and services
- WG 3: Exploitation, dissemination, education and outreach
COST action homepage: http://www.costes0803.noa.gr/